Who we are and what we do as a church is rooted in what we believe about God and the world in which we live. These are our deepest convictions:
WE BELIEVE . . .
- the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles
- in Jesus' vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father
- in Jesus' personal, future return to this earth in power and glory to rule over the nations.
- the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
- that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- in water baptism by immersion
- the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to prevailing prayer.
- the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.